The reservation deadline for the The Hampton Inn's discounted rate of $139.00 for UFI attendees has expired. The current rate is now $179.00 per night. Another hotel option located conveniently close to Nova Southeastern University (and The Hampton Inn) is as follows:
LaQuinta Inn and Suites
8101 Peters Road
Plantation, FL 33324
A list of hotels recommended by Nova Southeastern University, can be found at the following link: http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html#lauderdale
Note: Published rates are not guaranteed by the Florida Urban Forestry Council.
• • •
Thanks to everyone for the nominations submitted for the
2013 Friends of Our Urban Forest Awards Program!
The Florida Urban Forestry Council is pleased to announce the winners in each category as follows:
- Outstanding Professional - Carlos Rivero (City of North Miami Beach)
- Outstanding Tree Advocate - Bryce Forrester (Osceola County)
- Outstanding Tree Advocacy Group - City of Punta Gorda - PGI Green Thumbs
- Outstanding Public Educational Program - Town of Lantana - Arbor Day/Tu B'Shvat
- Outstanding Project - Lehigh Acres Trailhead Park (Lee County Parks and Recreation)
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Charlie Marcus (Florida Forest Service)
For more information on the various categories, please click here.
• • •
Looking for grant opportunities?
Check out the Alliance for Community Trees link and help your community grow, one tree at a time.
• • •
Try out this very user-friendly tool that provides useful tree information that anyone can access.
Tree Benefits Calculator
• • •